MRSE

Glen Tamura gtamura at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 22 19:34:27 EST 1997

MRSE is extremely common - methicillin resistance is actually pretty
typical for Staphylococcus epidermidis. However, S. epidermidis is an
EXTREMELY low-grade pathogen - it causes very indolent infections, usually
in immunocompromised hosts with hardware (e.g. central venous catheters).
Thus we don't worry about it much...

Glen Tamura, M.D., Ph.D.