rabies - help.

Giorgio C. Cosentino giorgio1 at hooked.net
Sat Feb 1 10:55:00 EST 1997

S.T.F. Sham wrote:

>  hi all,
>
>    not sure if this is the right group to post to but it seemed the
> clostest one.
>
>  i was wondering if anyone out there could give me a hand.
>
>   as part of my medical biochem degree coursework i have to write a
> resaech proposal. the topic assigned to me has been rabies and its up to
> me to find out which new developing research topic to do. i was thinking
> of maybe the vaccine. i dunno.. anyway i was wondering if anyone knew of
> any good review articles that have a rabid  :)  content?
>  if so maybe you could email me with the detail
>  don't know anything about rabies...  PANIC!?
>
>  thankyou for your time.
>
>         susan

Susan,

	As a Public Health Microbiologist for the State of California, rabies is
definitely an interest to me.  A good review article would be in the Clinical
Microbiology Reviews (April 1996)--volume 9, Number 2, entitled New Aspects of Rabies
with Emphasis on Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Prevention of the Disease in the United
States--by Jean Smith.  Good luck!  Let me know if you need any other info.

Giorgio Cosentino
giorgio1 at hooked.net