unknown anaerobe

Dr Koen A.L. De Smet k.desmet at ic.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 10:47:39 EST 1997

Dear Ralf,

Being a molecular biologist, I suggest you do a PCR on part of the 16S
rRNA gene and sequence the PCR product. Compare the sequence to the
DNA database and yuo will at least find the genus, and probably the
species (if it is a known species). I have used this technique
succesfully on several species, including anaerobes cultured from
faeces. Contact me by email if you would like to receive more
information on it.

Koen De Smet
k.desmet at ic.ac.uk