Anyone into organelle isolation out there?

M.C. Bean MICMCB at
Mon Jan 6 06:20:31 EST 1997

If anyone reading this has any experience of organelle isolation procedures I
could really do with some advice. We have extracted a novel structure from
the outer layers of a number of motile cyanobacteria; we know that the
structure is free of the cell by means of electron microscopy. We have been
trying to isolate the organelle in question by various form of centrifugation
but as yet PAGE with silver staining shows little enrichment of specific
bands. The structures in question are approximately 26nm in diameter and
250nm in length.

Dept. Microbiology
University of Leeds