Biochemistry & Molecular Biology

ma_audet at ma_audet at
Thu Jan 16 19:19:07 EST 1997

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Chris Myers wrote:

> Could someone please explain to me the differences between Biochemistry
> and Molecular Biology?
> Thank You

Hey Chris,

It's a funny that you ask this question because this is the field that I
am majoring in in university.  Actually the major is Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology.

Ok, let's get down to business.  Biochemistry is the study of the
chemistry of living systems.  Example, studying the molecular structure
(3-D arrangement of molecules in an atom) of a plant.  Molecular biology
on the other hand is studying systems ie: animals, plants, protists
etc... at the molecular level.

Well, that's the best I can do since I'm only in first year.

I hope I helped.

Melanie :)