food borne pathogens

Pete Muriana MURIANAP at
Wed Jan 22 09:28:46 EST 1997

In article <5c3si3$74o at> lfwwfl at white) writes:

>Can anybody out there let me know what BAM and AOAC tests are?  What do
>the acronyms stand for?

BAM = Bacteriological Analytical Manual - compilation of microbiological
           procedures (used by FDA)

AOAC = Association of Analytical Chemists - also, compilation of procedures,
             including microbiological (often those used by USDA).

>Can you give me any procedural information
>about these tests, and the main organisms they test for?  Thanks!

They are "compilations" of many procedures - many different tests for many
different microorganisms and for many different foods - not just a "test."
=your welcome,