food borne pathogens -Reply

Alan Junkins JunkinsA at SMTPGW2.MUSC.EDU
Wed Jan 22 11:46:20 EST 1997

Linda, I'm glad Richard replied to your question
about AOAC, because that's the one that I
wasn't quite sure of.  I do know about BAM.  It is
the Bacteriological Analytical Manual which is
published by the FDA and contains all the
standard approved procedures for analyzing
foods for the presence of bacteria.  It is not a
single test, but a collection of procedures.  I
believe the AOAC may publish a similar manual
containing procedures for chemically analyzing