LOOKING FOR AIDS/INFECTIOUS DISEASE STATS

Michael A Chambers chambers at plains.nodak.edu
Wed Jan 22 23:25:47 EST 1997

Hello everyone,

Could someone please tell me how many people AIDs kills a year in the US
and how many people bacterial or other infectious diseases kill a year.
I am also
wondering how much funding the research for the respective diseases get.

The reason I ask is because someone told me that other infectious
diseases kill many more people/year than AIDS but that AIDS gets about
10X more research funding.  If this is true, can anyone postulate a reason?

Thanks,
Mike