Microwave sterilization

enigl at aol.com enigl at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 22:40:09 EST 1997

In article <5c83go$i7l at news.orst.edu>, bakerr at ucs.orst.edu (Rocky Baker)

>Specifically, I have heard that I can microwave membrane filtration
>funnels and bases instead of UV sterilizing between successive samples.
>What kind of power level and duration is necessary for this to work

I have never been able to validate UV or microwave sterilization of filter

Davin C. Enigl, (Sole Proprietorship) MEAS

Microbiology Consulting,  Hazard Analysis and
Critical Control Points (HACCP), CGMP, and Validations
for the Food, Cosmetic, Nutritional  Supplement, and Pharmaceutical

enigl at aol.com

January 23, 1997
5:22 pm