Vitek or Microscan?

enigl at enigl at
Sun Jan 26 11:13:15 EST 1997

In article <01bc0684$a0f6a660$24db8acd at default>, "jtharmon"
<jtharmon at> writes:

>I have personally used Microscan in a reference lab and found it
>well even to ID veterinary isolates.  I have seen both Microscan and
>in use across the United States in over 100 hospitals and they both are
>good systems for most clinical applications.

Microscan is as good as VITEK for clinical isolates but Microscan is not
as good as VITEK  for industrial (environmentals) isolates, so I guess it
depends on the type of microbiology lab you are talking about.

Is this Italian Lab doing clinical (human isolates) or industrial
(environmental) microbiology?