Catrimox: What the hell is it?

Cormac Shaw cshaw at
Tue Jan 28 15:20:03 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:16:01 +0000 (GMT)
Simon Delagrave <delagrave at> wrote:
>In Gritsun & Gould, Virology 214:611, 1995,  the authors talk about
> extracting viral RNA using Catrimox purchased from Iowa
> Biotechnology Corp., Oakdale USA.
> What is this stuff and how can I buy it?

Umm....I don't suppose you've tried asking the Iowa Biotechnology
Corp., Oakdale USA.

Sorry for being stunningly obvious but I had to point it out!
Cormac Shaw, BSc,                 |
Dept. of Industrial Microbiology, |  e-mail: cshaw at
University College Dublin,        |   phone: +353 (1) 706 1796
Dublin 4, Ireland                 |     fax: +353 (1) 706 1183
"Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
temperature, volume, humidity, nutrients and other variables,
the organism will do as it pleases."