pink anaerobe?

Norman Cutter norman9 at
Thu Jun 19 02:34:03 EST 1997

please email me asap if you have idea on this,..we are trying to id gram
pos anaerobe, "looks" like a clos species,..fairly large, long,
rods....,sensitive to pen,mz,clinda,fx,....but,..not only won't it ID on
our biochem tests _it seems inert to all our looks like a
c.perfringens on CDC ANA plate, kind of spready like a pseudo sp.,  only
it is very purple at 48 hours, then goes to pink is
definitely an anaerobe,...source is rectal absess, it grows fast. Our
micro lab is stumped.