Classification of Bioluminescent Bacteria?

Ryan Petersen rpeterse at
Mon Mar 3 15:33:09 EST 1997

Recently I was able to isolate a gram negative rod-shaped bacteria species
from the back filter of a salt water aquirum.  This bacterium shows a
great deal of bioluminescence.  I would like to be able to identify the
species but have been unable to find helpful information on this subject.
Does someone know how to identify these, or know where I can find some
information on this problem?  You can email me at rpeterse at
Thank You,
-Ryan J. Petersen