Bacterial Growth Animation

Michael mbc1954 at netdoor.com
Sun Mar 2 15:37:33 EST 1997

Your Assistance is Requested!

I am a ninth grader biology student completing a project on the use of
math and comoputers to model bacteria growth.

I have completed my laboratory phase and cultured E. Coli on blood
agar plates, observed colony growth and counted the colonies at hourly
intervals.

I then formulated a growth rate (quad eq) and projected the growth
curve for a 24 hour period.

What I need is an animation program to help visualize that growth
using a time-compressed animation.  I have a slide show that uses the
hourly observations, but it is fairly primative and does not use the
calculated growth rate (just static graphics is a slide show format.)

I know that this 'real math' animation can be done, but I have neither
the math or programming skills ( nor time to learn) to do it through
QBasic.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Chris Cruthird
CMC282 at AOL.COM