method for plasmid screening requested

Srikumar M. Raja raja at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 11 13:59:47 EST 1997

Hi,
I am looking for a protocol for screening recombinant plasmids by plasmid
size comparison on agarose gel. I used to have a very simple method (not
the one from promega) using a solution called cracking buffer. The
cracking buffer contains NaOH, SDS and a cocktail of different salts.
After cells from an overnight culture have been mixed and stood 5-10 min
at roomtemp, the mixture can  be loaded directly on gel without any
further treatment. Unfortunately I somehow have lost this protocol and
therefor would be very happy any of you can send me a copy of it. Thank a
lot in advance.
With regards.
Dzung Diep

My email adress: dbdiep at uvic.ca