Gel Documentation System
alabossi at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 14 17:41:04 EST 1997
I am undertaking the purchase of a CCD camera system to be
incorporated in a digital imaging core facility intended to replace
conventional photography in a Biochemistry & Microbiology department.
Most of our applications involve documentation of DNA Gels, Protein
Gels, Blots, etc. Were looking at systems Alpha Innotech, Bio-rad
and Stratagene. After a cursory evaluation our preference is for the
Alpha Innotech ChemiImager 4000.
Does anyone have any comments about:
- the ChemiImager 4000 or other systems relevant to our application?
- other significant players in the field that we should look at?
- the relative merits of this technology as compared to photography?
- this instrumentation issue in general
- Kodak's new gel doc system?
I would sincerely appreciate input either through the group or by
email at alabossi at uvic.ca
Thanks in advance
More information about the Microbio