Candida contamination in cell culture???????

Obaid Yusuf Khan 9321531k at clinmed.gla.ac.uk
Sun Mar 16 07:58:02 EST 1997

We have had some contamination in our cel culture which looked very strange,
like black specks but slightly motile! Had it checked out and there was "come
evidence of candida". I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and
knows how to get rid of it. One other person in our university had similar
problems and it turned out to be candida also. These black specs do not take
over the tissue culture dishes liek bacterial and yeast or fungal contamination
does, but sustains itself, but becomes lesser in density as the cells grow older.
Does anyone know how to control Candida contamination in culture. We have
tried Nyastatin, but its not very effective.
 Thanks
Obaid Khan