postdoctoral fellow position

Fevzi Daldal fdaldal at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 19 09:14:05 EST 1997

Dear All,

There is an open position for a Postdoctoral Fellow in our group at the
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Biology, Plant Science Institute. The
position is effective beginning of 1997.  The current work is on the structure,
function, biogenesis and regulation of expression of cytochromes and cytochrome
complexes of photosynthetic bacteria, with emphasis on the molecular genetic and
biochemical approaches to progress our understanding of prokaryotic energy
transducing complexes as model systems for higher organisms [see J. Bacteriol.
177: 608-6139 (on cyt cy); Biochemistry 34: 15979-16012 and BBA 1275: 61-69 (on
cyt bc1 complex); Biochemistry 33: 3120-3127 (on cyt cbb3 oxidase) and J.
Bacteriol 178: 5279-5290 (on cyt c biogenesis)].

The person suitable for this position should ideally have a solid background and
experience either in molecular biology and bacterial genetics or protein
chemistry and spectroscopy, a desire to learn multidisciplinary approaches and
interested in structure/function, biogenesis and regulation of microbial energy
transduction. The salary will be commensurate with experience, and the person
interested should send me CV, description of research accomplishments and
references.

For additional information I can be reached at (215) 898-4394, Fax: (215)
898-8780 and my Email address is fdaldal at sas.upenn.edu

Fevzi Daldal

Professor                                fdaldal at sas.upenn.edu
U. Penn/Biology                           phone:(215) 898-4394
204 Mudd Bldg.                           fax:  (215) 898-8780
Phila PA 19104-6018

University of Pennsylvania Biology Webb Site
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/biology/