microbial testing for lubricants

Lewis Conquer Lewis.Conquer at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 19 04:33:59 EST 1997

The microbiological testing of oily materials is always problematical.
It is necessary to disperse the material in some form of sterile liquid
before carrying out a dilution count on suitable agar media.
Unless of course you are looking for a very rapid answer, inwhich case
you need some sort of rapid test system like the Bactometer.
I would suggest that as a diluent you try an inocuous surfactant such
as Tween at up to 2%

If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Lewis conquer

In article <19970314025900.VAA10962 at ladder01.news.aol.com>,
panjablion at aol.com says...