Anaerobic cultures

Tomoko Ohnishi Ohnishi at MAIL.MED.UPENN.EDU
Fri Mar 21 10:38:48 EST 1997

I have a question about anaerobic cultures. I am  biochem/biophys grad
student at the University of Pennsylvania. I need to grow up wild type
ecoli anaerobically. What constitutes an anaerobic culture? How much
media should I put into Fernbach flasks to make it an anaerobic
culture and is it necessary to degas any flasks or bottles that I choose
to grow my bacteria in?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. my email address is
ehopper at mail.med.upenn.edu.

Thank you
 Elizabeth Hopper