Production of neomycin

Helene Coelho couette at step.polymtl.ca
Sat Mar 22 17:27:40 EST 1997

I'm a chemical engineering student at Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal. I'm
currently designing a chemical process to produce neomycin, an antibiotic
mostly used in surgery and veterinary medecine. I was only
able to get very sparse information on the therapeutical
effects of the antibiotic. I'm looking for any information about the
growth mesium to use and the best conditions for the fermentation.

I would be very grateful to anyone who could give me any reference or
information about the neomycin production process.

Helene L'Ecuyer-Coelho
couette at step.polymtl.ca
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal