Microbiology And Food Technology .....

nospam dahd dahd at cy-net.net
Mon Mar 31 17:24:17 EST 1997

In article <333CA4F8.60D6 at singnet.com.sg>, Angeline Yam <yamsc at singnet.com.sg> says:

>Hi Everybody ,
>
>I would like to know whether a course such as FOOD TECHNOLOGY is related
>to MICROBIOLOGY . If yes ,  what kind of microbiology would it be ? ie.
>medical etc... ???
>
>I would appreciate it very much if you could take a little time to email
>me so that I would be enlightened ! Thanks ...
>
>Angeline
>yamsc at singnet.com.sg

Food technology covers lots of territory and microbiology is part of that
landscape.  How much micro should be in a Food Tech course is of course
something left to the discretion of the faculty and department etc.

You should expect to learn the most basic aspects of microbiology relevant
to food safety.  You might also learn how microbes are used to
process foods, e.g. cheeses, fermented meats.