help in microbiology
uga4564 at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 13:06:22 EST 1997
I am looking for information concerning the following questions that pertain to
microbiology. If anyone knows the answers and/or a place to look these
answers up please e-mail me at UGA4564 at aol.com. Thank you for your help.
1. Explain how microbes have been genetically altered to "eat" crude oil
components and name a Biotech company involved in this area.
2. Several microorganismis including square prokaryotes have been found in
enviroments having a very high salt content. Discuss these microoragnisms and
the influence that they have on the enviroment.
3. Many companies are actively seeking out new therapies from ancient recipes,
natural plant extracts etc. Discuss 4 new herbal antimicrobail mediciens and
indicate their origin, history and use.
4. The plague is generally considered a Medieval disease, but sporadic cases
still arise in the southwestern US. What is being done to control the plague,
and could epidemics still arise
5. Discuss the major problems limiting the development of an effective AIDS vax.
More information about the Microbio