Please help me in this regard.

Jean C. Zenklusen jcz at nchgr.nih.gov
Mon Nov 10 08:46:42 EST 1997

In article <smOks1AG0fZ0EwXv at bebbo.demon.co.uk>, Dene Bebbington
<dene at bebbo.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> >Kaih Bomai <bmh-kbb at jcu.edu.au> wrote in article
> ><Pine.OSF.3.93.971023075136.13685E-100000 at crab.jcu.edu.au>...
> >>
> >> I am  student and that I need to know at the current rate of
> >> inter-marriage that is going  on in the world - is it possible that in
> >> some time in the future.....will they be ever a particular human with
> >same
> >> genotype.
>
> They are commonly known as twins. Do you know what a genotype is?
>
> --
> Dene Bebbington                    http://www.bebbo.demon.co.uk
>
> "Beside the braes of dawn. One clear new morning. Down where the lilies
> stood in bloom. I knew that I was just a stranger in this world. A wind
> just passing through." - Calum & Rory Macdonald (Runrig)

Sorry, but no. They are known as "identical" twins. Only monozygous twins
have exactly the same allellic variance for all their genes (at least at
birth, mutations can occur later in life changing their genotype).
Non-identical twins (dizygotes, comming from two eggs) share as much
genotype with each other as any pair of siblings.

--
Dr. Jean C, Zenklusen, M.S., Ph.D.
National Institutes of Health
E-mail:jcz at nchgr.nih.gov

"Science has explained nothing: the more we know the profounder is the surrounding darkness"
A. Huxley