Long PCR primers

Per Mygind perm at biobase.dk
Wed Nov 12 06:03:49 EST 1997

Wellcome Trust, Nairobi. wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> If there any risk of amplifying a fragment DNA with primer which are 50
> to 60 pb. Actually, I want to introduce a enzyme restriction site in
> these primers so that I can easily  detected them in agore or Acrylamide
> gel. Therefore I do need longer primers. But I wandering about doing a
> PCR such long oligonucleotides.
> My regards,
> Dr Alexis N
> zila
> --
> Wellcome Trust Research Labs,
> PO Box 43640,
> Nairobi, Kenya.
> Tel 254 (2) 725390, Fax 254 (2) 711673
> E-mail: wellcome at users.africaonline.co.ke

It is indeed a long primers. If you run just a two step PCR
(annealing temp = ext. temp) you might get a usefull product, but
you may also encounter multible bands. Hope this help ;-)
If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building
University of Aarhus
Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47