Help! Automated counting of bacteria in plates or under

Gabriel Favelukes fave at nitfix.edu.ar
Sun Nov 16 18:02:46 EST 1997

Dear netters:

I am looking for image-processing equipment (camera, digitizer or
other hardware, and software) for automatic counting of bacteria as
bacterial colonies in agar plates.

Additionally, if possible, with some modifications the set-up would
be able also to count bacteria directly under the microscope, in a
Petroff-Hauser-type counting chamber.

I am thinking in either complete assemblies, or separate parts and
software, to be put together. Prices should be in the low range.

I would appreciate very much your help in pointing to brands or
manufacturers or suppliers, with addresses if possible, and any
opinion on the usefulness and reliability of the products.

I apologize if you receive repeated copies of this message, I am
mailing it to several lists and newsgroups.

Many thanks,

Gabriel Favelukes
Instituto de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular,
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata,
LA PLATA (1900), Argentina.
<fave at nitfix.edu.ar>,<fave at nahuel.biol.unlp.edu.ar>