Water testing question

Lee, Jeffrey Lee at essex.edu
Wed Nov 19 18:23:05 EST 1997

Hi:
     We recently pulled water samples near Bayonne, NJ and found plenty
of algae but no motile life forms (protozoans, nematodes, aquatic
insects, etc.). Two questions:
1) Any ideas on what conditions would lead to this this observation?

2) Any ideas on water testing methods (for salinity, Po4, NH3, etc.)
that would help with the mystery?

3) Any ideas on where to get info. for 1) and 2).

Thank you for your help. You can e-mail me directly at the address
below>

Jeff Lee (lee at essex.edu)

Dr. Jeffrey N. Lee, Assistant Professor
Division of Biology, Chemistry and Health Technologies
Essex County College
303 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102
USA
Ph.: (973)-877-3535   Fax: (973)-623-6449
E-mail: lee at essex.edu