Detecting Hydrogen Peroxide in water

Alan S. Wicks NAP-4 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 20 20:42:34 EST 1997

Jim Hillis wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have a question concerning hydrogen peroxide.  How could I mesure
> the
> amount of hydrogen peroxide in a sample of water?
>
> If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rebecca Hillis
> jhillis at inorth.on.ca

Greetings,

Depending on what else is in there, adding something that will cause the
hydrogen peroxide to break down and release oxygen is the first step.
Blood seems to work. Then capture the oxygen and measure the volume.  I
don't remember the ratio of peroxide to oxygen, but it is fixed.

Alan S. Wicks