Vitek Saline

Ed stuttard at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 21 18:06:21 EST 1997

Yersinia,
I suspect Vitek use a lower saline level to get users to buy their little
disposable units premade.
We used 0.85% with no difference in results on our 'ancient' vitek now
deceased.
Vitek was ~ok (ish) for routine and control organisms, but woeful for
environmental isolates.
Taxonomy changes but commercial databases are slow to follow. Pseudomonas
cepacea stills lives on in API, and I suspect your namesake pestis is still
a Pasteurella in some places. Remember - " Microbiologists do it with
culture and sensitivity."
Ed

Yersinia <yersinia at CYBERNEX.NET> wrote in article
<199711190205.VAA26630 at pop.cybernex.net>...