Virus'R'Us

Danny Oper dannyoper at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 21:54:33 EST 1997

VIRUSES’R’US

I had found this information on a web page put up by a
lieutenant colonel, who was suffering from Gulf War Syndrome,
and bitter about our government’s coverup.  It is a list of
biological materials shipped as U.S. exports to Iraq.
prior to the Gulf War.

Many of these agents have effects that are similar to
Gulf War Syndrome.  As you peruse the list, and the picture
of human irresponsibility that it represents, perhaps you will
have an epiphany, why we need to worry about the origins
of all the so-called emerging diseases, not just the Gulf War
Syndrome.

            MATERIALS SHIPPED, U.S. TO IRAQ

Ustilago nuda (Jensen) Rostrup
Histoplasm casulatum var. farciminosum (Class III pathogen)
Bacillus Anthracis Cohn (Class III pathogen)
Bacillus Subtilis (Ehrenberg) Cohn (Class III pathogen)
Clostridium botulinum Type A (Class III pathogen)
Clostridium perfringens (Weillon And Zuber) Hauduroy, et al
Bacillus Subtilis
Francisella tularenis var. Tularensis Olsufiev
(A virulent suitable for preparations of diagnostic antigen)
Clostridium tenani (Highly toxigenic)
Clostridium botulism Type E (Class III pathogen)
Clostridium perfingens (Agglutinating type 2)
Clostridium perfingens Type A, alpha-toxigenic, produces
lecithinase C.J. Appl
Bovine Anthracis (Class III pathogen)
Bacillus megaterium
Brucella abortus Biotype 3 (Class III pathogen)
Brucella abortus Biotype 9 (Class III pathogen)
Brucella melitensis Biotype 1 (Class III pathogen)
Brucella melitensis Biotype 3 (Class III pathogen)
Clostridium botulism Type F (Class III pathogen)
Saccharomyces cerveseiae
Salmonella choleraesuis subsp. Choleraesuis Serotype typhi
Klebsiella pnemoniae subsp. Pneumoniae
Escherichia coli
Bacillus cereus
Staphylococcus epidermidis
Bacillus pumilus
Escherichia coli Phage host
Hulambda 4x-8, clone human hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase
(HPRT)
Chromosomes X q26.1, Phage vector, suggested host: E. Coli
Enterococcus faecalis
Enterococcus faecium
Enterococcus avium
Enterococcus raffinosus
Enterococcus gallinarium
Enterococcus durans
Entrococcus hirae
Streptocuccus bovis (etiologic)

The above information was taken from the Riegle Report, Document
#052-070-0712, Ph. 202-512-1808, total pages 551.

Tom Keske
Boston, Mass.