SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT

TemmyKimes temmykimes at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 09:48:30 EST 1997

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm an 8th grade science student.  For my science fair
project this year, I'm doing the topic "What Solutions/Methods Clean a Kitchen
Worksurface the Best?" I do not know much about this topic, and hope you will
answer my questions:
1)So far, my solutions are as follows: Detergent, water, bleach.  What else
could I do?  Would Lysol or PineSol be good?
2)Basically, I will sterilize everything in boiling water, then lick some
plastic spoons and either dip, soak or scrub it in the solutions.  Then I'll
take a culture of the spoon.  What temperature/degree of light should I keep
the petri dishes at?  How long will it take them to "grow"?Which should I use
as my medium, agar or beef broth with gelatine?
3)Are there any good websites, people, books, etc. about this subject?
         Thank You for your time, I really appreciate it!!!!!  = )
                                                       *LAURA*