Bradyrhizobium japonicum

icurkovic at HWCN.ORG icurkovic at HWCN.ORG
Sat Nov 29 00:13:44 EST 1997

Hello,

I've never tried a newgroup before so this is all kind of new to me.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anyone who could help me out. I'm a
3rd year university student taking a intro microbiology course. I just
finished a lab where we have to identify an unknown bacteria.

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices: Bradyrhizobium japonicum and
Serratia marcescens. I am pretty sure it is the latter, but I want to know
if someone could answer a question for me: Are most colonies of B.
japonicum red or white?

I am also in some dire need of some biochemical test results for this
species...indole test, urea, lead acetate, Vogues Proskauer & methyl red
test. Bergey's Manual of Bacteriology has been pretty useless for this
species.

I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks!

Ivan