lambda cI repressor at low T

Don Walthers walt9693 at news.uidaho.edu
Sat Nov 29 16:50:45 EST 1997

hello,
I'm growing a low copy plasmid with int expression under control of cI857.
If I grow the strain under selection at 30C and pellet cells I get a nice
pellet with no debris that won't pellet. If I grow the cells at 20C most
cells will not pellet under the same conditions. Knowing that too much Int is
toxic to the cell, is this because cI857 does not work well at 20C. My host
is coli JM107. Sorry if this is not worded well but I have yet to drink my
first cup of coffee for the day.
Thanks,

--
Don Walthers                 University of Idaho
Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry