Laboratory Safety

LawsonSC lawsonsc at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 15:44:15 EST 1997

I do not see any problem with erring on the side of caution.  I use aids
with out any problems and prefer them over mouth pipetting.  This may be
due to I have only used aids because that was the way I was taught.  Mouth
pipetting was simply not an option in school so I learned to use the aids
without knowing any difference.

As for speed and ease of use, I don't see any disadvantage of the aids.
At my lab I plate directly across from an "oldtimer" that would never use
an aid, but I am just as quick as she is.

My last thought, which is more important, you convience in the lab or your
health?