Future Microbiologist Needs Advice

Gary Lum Gary.Lum at CASRDH.HEALTH.nt.gov.au
Tue Oct 21 22:49:42 EST 1997

Rami Rahal wrote:

> to pursue a degree in this field of study.  What I am unsure about is the
> availability for jobs in this area and the possible salaries.  I don't
> want to spend 4+ years at University and discover that my degree is
> worthless.  If you could answer any of my questions, I would really
> appreciate it.

If you're good you'll get a job in a laboratory somewhere.  If you have
personality, you can get a job selling instruments.  If you lack
personality and are no good it could be tough.

Dr Gary Lum
Director of Microbiology and Pathology
Royal Darwin Hospital

Microbiologists do it with culture and sensitivity
Meet me at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~glum/
E-mail me at mailto:glum at ozemail.com.au