Reference for Identification of Bacillus sp.?

Sandra Young YoungSA at AgResearch.cri.nzspam
Tue Sep 9 20:46:20 EST 1997

In article <01bcbc97$9c4ce560$c9179e83 at ROGERS.AFRRI.USUHS.MIL>,
   "Jim Rogers" <rogersj at nmripo.nmri.nnmc.navy.mil> wrote:
>I am interested in a good reference or review paper on the identification
>of the different Bacillus sp.  Any suggestions?

The following is a fairly useful ref, identification is based on cell and
spore morphology and API tests.

Logan, N.A. and Berkeley R.C.W. (1984) Identification of Bacillus strains
using the API system. Journal of General Microbiology 130,1871-1882.

Sandra