Drugnet: A Web-based Survey of Successful Adults Who Use Recreational Drugs

Karl Roberts kr1 at PGSTUMAIL.PG.CC.MD.US
Thu Sep 11 20:52:05 EST 1997

Gentlemen,
        I am a graduate of WKU.  Frankly, I am at a loss to understand
(1) what useful purpose this research has, and (2) why it has been posted
on a microbiology usegroup. I understand the value of research when it
applies to some practical application or contributes to the greater
knowledge of all science, but I just don't see any practical reason here
other than as a possible attempt to legitimize the use of illegal
and dangerous substances.  Successful at a job or no, abuse is abuse.  I
certainly hope that this work is not federally funded.
Karl J. Roberts, Ph.D.
Prince George's Community College
Maryland, USA