Chlorine disinfection

rayzzz at sirius.com rayzzz at sirius.com
Mon Sep 15 18:03:44 EST 1997

Hi, Ted--

I'm confused. Max's reply said 200 ppm, so I worked it out and found it was
something like 1/4 oz of household bleach added to a gallon of water.
That's a lot less than adding a quart of bleach to a gallon of water to
make the disinfecting solution. Or am I wrong in my calculations (which
could *very* well be...)?

Katherine

In article <s41bbc4e.077 at mc.edu>, Snazelle at MC.EDU (Ted Snazelle) wrote:

> Standard use of chlorox (~5.25% sodium hypochorite) as a disinfectant involves
> making a fresh solution (one part chlorox or bleach, four parts water).

Take the zzz out of my address to write to me.