Antibiotics for high G+C ratio Gram Positives

Y.E. Knight BMBYEK at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 08:38:12 EST 1997

Hi
I am looking for antibiotic-resistance genes for use in a high G+C ratio Gram
Positive, Propionibacterium acnes. In particular I am interested in an
antibiotic called Bicyclomycin although I cannot find a company who produces
it commercially. Any ideas?
In addition, with respect to a resistance gene for this antibiotic, I have
found mention of an E.coli resistance gene, but nothing in Gram Positives.
If anyone has heard, or is working in this area, I would be grateful if you
could get in touch.

Yolande Knight
bmbyek at leeds.ac.uk