Gram+ and Gram-

Richard Mateles rmateles at candida.com
Wed Sep 24 14:16:16 EST 1997

Gram staining is a very specific procedure that applies to smears on
slides.  I know of no way of differentiating Gram + and Gram - bacteria in
colony form, other than by looking to get an idea of spore formation,
shape, size, etc., which can be a little help in deciding whether the
colony is + or -.

Sorry!

Rich Mateles

Paul Cotton <paul at pandscot.demon.co.uk> wrote in article