Translation query re microbiology

Matt Gredley mattgred at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 25 07:58:15 EST 1997

Dear folks

I am a Chinese<->English translator and am currently working on a booklet
concerning water purification technologies.  I am wondering whether the
term "Cryptosporidia" is essentially the same as "Cryptospora".  Do the
terms describe the same genus, or is the latter higher up the taxonomic
chain?  And if so, where?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt Gredley    Canberra        Australia
trading as Matt Gredley's Chinese/English Translation Service
NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) Accredited Translator, Grad Dip Arts (Interpreting/Translating) Deakin University,
PhD (Chemistry) Australian National University

email:  mattgred at ozemail.com.au         ph/fax:     61 2 6299 8602
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mattgred/
PO Box 785, Civic Square PO, ACT, 2608, Australia