Origin of Chlamydia trachomatis ?

Patrick Lehner plehner at pop.agri.ch
Wed Apr 1 14:54:10 EST 1998

I've read some articles about Chlamydia trachomatis and I'm confused because
everybody describes the biological structure of the organism and symtoms of
C. infected humans.

But you never hear something about the origin of C.

So I'd be glad, if somebody could tell me, wether there is a place outside a
human body where C. trach. live or not, and if they can be transmitted in an
other way than by sexual contact (i.e. public pools or something similar)
and which mechanisms contain high risk of infection.

So if anybody can help me to answer these questions, please send mail to
Patrick Lehner, plehner at pop.agri.ch