(Fwd) Microbiology as a career. Need info

David L. Maserang, PhD David.Maserang at tdh.state.tx.us
Fri Apr 3 13:18:37 EST 1998

An east-coast state health dept has advertised a Molecular Biologist
position, requiring a doctorate in molecular immunology, biology,
microbiology or molecular biology (or similar discipline).  Salary
range is advertised as $41,535 - 64,847 (if you get an offer, always
plan on the bottom end of the range unless you are Nobel laureate
material).

Other governmental positions will be similar.  Pay ranges are
generally higher for the federal government.

Master's level positions will generally be lower, but depending on
capabilities, may meet doctorate-level salaries.