Cruetzfeldt-Jakob Disease and CJD Voice

James Mosby guitbo at waymark.net
Sun Apr 12 03:20:55 EST 1998

Is it proven the CJD is caused by a prion?  It is my understanding that there is
much opposition to this theory.  I know that "filamentous" bodies have been
recovered from autopsies, but I do not understand how an "inanimate" protein can
induce the conversion of a normal protein to the prion state?  If anyone can
briefly explain this event, it would be appreciated.   Bo