need help w/ Pseudomonas fluorescens

Laurent beillard at roazhon.inra.fr
Mon Apr 13 11:49:13 EST 1998

Hi,
Pseudomonas Agar F is the same medium as King B (only a small difference
in the proteose peptone used). PAF less expansive because it doesn't use
Difco N°3 proteose peptone.

An other way, very specific for fluorescent Pseudomonas (and not only
for P. fluorescens) is Succinate Broth (liquide only).

The use of Succinate broth is for siderophore production, it contain
very little iron, and it seems to be so specific for fluorescent
Pseudomonas than I have never see contamination.

I can send you Succinate medium composition.

Laurent Beillard
beillard at roazhon.inra.fr