Information on CMP-KDO synthetase assay method and on KDO

Jose bcjadg at gene.alcala.es
Thu Apr 16 03:56:44 EST 1998

Hi, I am interested in getting some information about assay methods for the
enzyme CMP-KDO synthetase (EC 2.7.7.38). I have got one from Methods in
Enzymology 83:332-353, but I wonder if there are others around,
particularly for using on relatively crude cell extracts. I would also
appreciate receiving information about the sugar KDO
(3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonate), is it only present in bacteria or has been
reported too in eukaryotic cells?. Thanks a lot.

Joaquin Royo
Dpto. Genetica
Universidad de Alcala de Henares
Spain