virus theory

Carole Nelson quailrun at triax.com
Thu Apr 16 11:17:20 EST 1998

As a first time reader of this ng..I was delighted to see discussion on
this topic. As the quintessential layperson I have an advantage of
looking at things without a specific perspective. It shouldn't be too
hard to think of all things relating to each other. (old hippies and
newagers do it all the time) The notion that virus', bacteria and other
forms of life being alien or a threat to other life is, in my opinion,
one of, if not The reason of accelerated resistance to medications and
'mutation' rates. Simply because some of these lifeforms can cause
illness should not be reason for erradication.

Your professor may very well be right. There should be no reason why a
human should not be able to produce it's own defense mechanism in the
form of a virus. Or why a virus should not produce it's own defense
mechanism..or bacteria..or....

You're lucky to have a professor unafraid to voice his theory.

Carole

<353482DD.953DF6D9 at ix.netcom.com>...