Bactericidal/Bacteriostatic combinations

Nicholas Namias M.D. nnamias at
Fri Apr 17 20:27:23 EST 1998

Since the quinolones work by interfering with DNA synthesis, it is logical
that the quinolones would be less effective in a culture whose growth is
arrested by a bacteriostatic agent, but, the glory goes to the guy who
proves it. Go for it.

Nicholas Namias, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
University of Miami School of Medicine