mRNA labeling

Emilio Garcia garcia at PVS.LLNL.GOV
Thu Aug 20 17:55:44 EST 1998

Would anybody share with us a good reliable method for radioactive
labeling of mRNA from bacteria? We are presently using a method which
simply isolates total RNA from a logarithmically growing bacterial culture
and then we use a modification of the Amersham's cDNA synthesis module (cat. RPN1256.).

We have serious questions about the sensitivity, efficiency and reproducibility of
such a protocol.

Any information regarding this issue would be much appreciated,

Emilio Garcia
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program
Lawrence Livermore lab
Livermore, CA 94550

e-mail garcia12 at

Jeff Elliott