Transposon Mutagenesis in Propionibacteria ?

Wei Zheng wzheng at
Sun Dec 6 01:01:10 EST 1998

Does anyone have the experience to use transposon to construct a mutant
bank in Propionibacteria sp.(ex. P. freudenreichii or P. acnes)?
Recently I am trying to clone a gene from P. freudenreichii through
basic genetic approaches, but the information for the genetic studies in
Propionibacteria is very limited, and most of the published cloning
works were based on complementation. I wonder if it is possible to
mutagenize this bacteria with transposon. Any information is greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

wzheng at